Suffering from fever. Can I give crocin? Dosage?

my daughter is 8 months old & is weighing 7 kg.
she has fever now.
Can i give 5 ml of crocin drops.
Also in a day how many times can we give her that drops.
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 20 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

You can give her around 100mg of paracetamol. (Crocin contains paracetamol)

The dosage of Paracetamol is 15mg per kilogram of body weight per dose. The dosage may be repeated six hourly.

See the preparation that you are holding. If one ml of the preparation has 100 mg you should give only one ml of it. (normally drops contain 100mg per one ml.)
If the preparation has 125mg per 5 ml (syrup has such composition) then around 4ml is sufficient. If the preparation has 250mg per 5 ml (double strength syrup has such composition) then around 2ml is sufficient.

In this age group self medication is XXXXXXX A physical examination by your doctor will be important to rule out any illness which may require further treatment than just giving paracetamol.

Hope I answered your query.
Please continue to ask further queries as required.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty,
M.D. (Pediatrics)
Associate Professor of Pediatrics.