Suffering from fasciculation and feeling weakness in arms and legs. What is the treatment?

Hello I ask you for your help(assistant) XXXXX 36 years man, XXXXXfor 28 months of the health problem fasciculation in all the corp with period or he are not her(it) sensation of weakness in arms and legs he(it) are heavy jai for 1 month the difficulty with gesture(movement) of my hands jai one fear of a.l.s I is only thinking has ca I sleep badly and I look for quite my symptom on Google 75 times a day 2 years ago jai makes an emg who was normal test blood who was normal, irm normal normal brain, lumbar puncture, jai also to consult a neurologist 10 days ago who mamdit that I n had no observable clinical weakness I am very stres to help I plz
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: See below Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms. They seem concerning and for sure no one would stop at nothing but getting them completely evaluated. I am happy you are doing just that and for sure we shall work with you to find out what the problem is and propose solutions. I have read the question but the wordings are not very clear. I can tell you translated it fro the french version. Please, I have a good mastery of french. May I kindly suggest that you send the french version so that I can understand perfectly your worry and answer it fully? If this is not possible, tell me so and I would provide an answer based on this information that you have provided. Thanks and hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Dr. Ditah, MD
Follow-up: Suffering from fasciculation and feeling weakness in arms and legs. What is the treatment? 21 minutes later
Bonjour jai des fasciculation dans tout XXXXXXX muscle de mon corp arrive des periode ou XXXXXXX ne sont pas la ....jai vu plusieur medecin donc 3 neurologue m on fait passer 2 emg dans 6 mois de distance ...qui etais normal je nai pas de faiblesse clinique ...jai des fatigue musculaire dans XXXXXXX bras et jambes depuis 2 ans une legere maladresse dans XXXXXXX mains XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 16 hours later
Brief Answer: This is a difficult one to approach! Detailed Answer: Thank you for forwarding the french version to me.It is very informative and straight to the point. I have reviewed the information and have tried to even do further research on the symptoms and information you have reported. Without any abnormality noted on the EMG, it means the nervous pathways are all functioning normally. This make a neurological problem less likely. I would like to know if these symptoms associated with any particular circumstances or environments. This is because they may simply represent an exaggerated response to stimuli or events that are out of proportion. If this be the case, then may be addressing it in a psychological context like generalized anxiety may be more meaningful. For now, I will suggest that you get investigated and probably managed as a case of generalized anxiety. If this helps, then that is fine. if it doesn't, then I will suggest monitoring to see whether there would be any more clues or symptoms that can make the diagnosis more evident in future. To be honest, the symptoms are not typical of any well described diseases process as of now.I can only hope that they are transient or would be more defined in future t help us make certain the diagnosis and management plan, I wish you well and the best possible outcome. Dr. Ditah, MD