Suffering from eye blinking and twitching tics from child hood. Treatment?

Dec 2014

I am suffering from eye blinking/twitching tics. My condition is somewhat similar to as shown in this video.

It has been more then 10 years now and it is getting worsen only. My age is around 29 now. I remember I had this problem when I was a little kid around 12, but it got corrected after sometime. But it started re occurring around 10 years ago and now it is not stopping.

Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The problem you have mentioned in your link and you are having appears due to some tic disorder or twitching. Such presentation is very disturbing to patient and it cause problems in proper functioning. I would advise you to consult a neurologist or psychiatrist for proper opinion. Various medicines are useful in such conditions as haloperidol. The drug cause stabilisation of dopamine transmission and relax the involved muscle fibre.
You can go for electromyography for assessment of defect in muscle fibre.

If you have more questions you can ask again, Thanks