Suffering from extreme fatigue, hypothyroidism and epilepsy. Blood work showed normal. What's wrong?

I've been suffering from extreme fatigue...and for me that means EXTREME. I've got RA, hypothyroidism, epilepsy, fatigue and I are well acquainted. I went to my GP just to make sure nothing was up...all of my blood work came back normal and he ran LOTS of tests.Here's my question: is it possible to have EXTREME fatigue from my chronic illnesses even when they are being treated and the doctor can find nothing wrong?
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 hours later

I am sorry that you are suffering this extreme fatigue.

Yes, it is possible to have extreme fatigue in you with these chronic illnesses. RA is an immunological disease. Though it is treated, the immunological activity continues to happen at a slow rate in the affected joints and other sites.

Also, Hypothyroidism usually manifests as Fatigue. If it is adequately treated, it should not cause fatigue. I hope you are on the right dose of synthyroid and your TSH is monitored every 6 months.

Epilepsy should not cause fatigue if you take Valtrex regularly.

I hope to have answered your query.

Please do write back for further discussion on this.