Suffering from extreme dry mouth. Could I ask a doctor?

I am suffering from extreme dry mouth for past 8 months what type of dr should I see?
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult an XXXXXXX medicine MD.

Detailed Answer:

Dry mouth can be a result of many conditions and it can be a part of some particular syndromes such as Sjogren's syndrome.

In medical terminology we call dry mouth as Xerostomia.

The best first contact physician to consult would an XXXXXXX Medicine MD to correctly identify the problem and then if required arrange for the appropriate referrals. So go ahead and fix an appointment with an XXXXXXX medicine MD.

I hope this answers your question. You can write back to me if you have any doubts or further queries if any.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and good health.

Warm regards,