Suffering from excessive hair loss. Need information on hair transplantation

Jul 2012

I have been loosing a lot of hair on my head. Now I want to go for hair transplantation. I would like to know whether it is safe. I would also like to know the centres available in Bangalore who can do hair transplantation.
Posted Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 33 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX.
I read your problem with interest. I understand that you may have tried various options & have chosen to go in for hair transplantation. There are various centres in Bangalore for this & the list is endless. The price wil vary on the type of transplant, number of follicles inserted & the centre charges. It is safe from a point of view of 'safety'. But you must remember no guarantees that can be given & anyone who tells you 100% of grafted hairs inserted will remain is talking through his/her hat!
There are also quacks/technicians running centres. So one will have to be worldly wise while choosing a centre.
Sadly i feel there is a conflict of interest here for me as i do this hair transplantation process myself together with a team of doctors'. Basically, i have just established a dermatology & cosmetology centre @ the XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore. However, i do my hair transplant surgeries together with a team @ our centre opposite the Garuda Mall. It is the First Hair Transplant centre opened in India & has a full fledges Operation theater on the 1st floor. The current owner is a XXXXXXX dermatologist Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX who has 5 centres around India & is largely based in Vizag. I see patients here & when there are surgeries, we collectively do these. Our prices vary with the number of grafts etc but are competitive & dare say lower than most in the market.
Should you feel comfortable, you could call me, fix an appointment & come & visit me @ the XXXXXXX Hospital. One will need to see you, assess your needs, discuss costs, recovery time etc. & we can take it from there. My personal mobile number is 0000; my timings et al are listed on this web-site under my name & look forward to hearing from you.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Asian Skin Institute (divn of BNR hospitals)
Bangalore, India