Suffering from excessive hair fall and dandruff. Hair is brittle due to rebonding. Medication?

Dermatologist
Question
Hello Sir,

It has been 9 months that I have rebonded my hair. Now I am suffering from excessive hair fall and dandruff. Because of rebonding my hair have become very brittle and they come out even with minor combing. Please suggest me the medicine or shampoo for cure. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Hair Loss

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nutritional supplement, Ketoconazole

Detailed Answer:
Dandruff may be the main cause for your hair fall.

You can use an anti dandruff shampoo containing 2 % ketoconazole.
This will give you relief.

Apart from this nutritional supplementation is also required for your damaged hair.
Take biotin, iron and protein supplements.

Once dandruff is under control, you can use minoxidil lotion.

Combination of these all will give you good results within 3 months.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you

Follow-up: Suffering from excessive hair fall and dandruff. Hair is brittle due to rebonding. Medication? 2 hours later
Sir,
Thankyou for your reply. I include almonds, milk and fruits in my diet. One of the queries posted on this site was similar and the medication suggested was Cap Cobadex CZS of GlaxoSmith Cline and Nizoral dandruff shampoo having ketoconazole.

I have the following follow-up questions -
1. Should I use the medication suggested above or some different medicine. Could you please suggest me a different medicine.
2. Since I have rebonded my hair, would there be any side effects when I use the above medication and minoxidil lotion?
3. Should I use the 2% or 5% or 10% of minoxidil lotion.
4. Could you please suggest me any medicine for biotin, iron and protein supplements?

Awaiting response.

Thanks,
XXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
proanagen and follihair

Detailed Answer:
Hello
You can take tablet pro anagen and tablet follihair.
It forms a good combination of all proteins and vitamins.
Take a combination of these two tablets .
You can apply minoxidil 2%
Dont worry you can safely apply It.
Thank you

Follow-up: Suffering from excessive hair fall and dandruff. Hair is brittle due to rebonding. Medication? 56 minutes later
Hello.

Thankyou for your reply. I forgot to mention that I have itchy scalp and scalp pimples. Does this change my medication in any way. Thanks.

XXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
use sebowash

Detailed Answer:
Hello

You can use sebowash shampoo.
This will take care of the scalp condition. The remaining treatment remains same.
thank you