Suffering from excessive hair fall. Not cured by hosit plus. What should I do?

I am suffering from ecessive hairfall. I am currently taking Hosit plus everyday and also using Body shampoo for Dandruff problems. I take sea cod but nothing seems to improve my condition. Anything else, I need to do?
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Kruti 20 hours later

Premature Hairfall is commonly seen these days due to increased stress, lack of good nutrition, pollution, using of harsh chemicals for straightening of hair and frequent hair colouring.

It also can occur three months after any illness or surgery etc.

I would recommend you to take a multivitamin and biotin supplements daily. Biotin is the vitamin good for hair growth.

Also application of minoxidil lotion once daily on the scalp may be helpful to reduce the hairfall.

This will require a prescription from your doctor.

For dandruff, a shampoo like nizoral will be useful. once the dandruff is controlled, you can stop it.

Hope my recommendations are helpful to you.Please let me know if I can address any additional concerns for you
Follow-up: Suffering from excessive hair fall. Not cured by hosit plus. What should I do? 2 hours later
Thanks, Doctor.

I will surely include Biotin and multivitamin supplements.

I am allergic to Nizoral and traditional anti dandruff shampoos. Are threre any mild options?
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later

Thanks for your reply.

You can use the shampoo containing ciclopirox oleamine. It may require a prescription.

the other options would be tgel shampoo or selenium sulfide shampoo.