Suffering from erectile dysfunction since year. Have a small epidymal cyst and varicocele. Why does left arm and heart pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
sir, i am suffering from erectile dysfunction from past few year and 26 year old ,my testosterone level is 3.1 ng/ml and i have small epiidymal cyst on right side and varicocele on left side and pain on left arm and heart . plz suggest me.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 3 hours later
Hi there.

Do you experience frequent mood changes during the day ?

Any changes in sleep pattern ?

Do you have diabetes, high blood pressure or any other medical disorder ?

Have you had feeling of nausea, heartburn, giddiness, headache ?

Does anyone in your family have high blood pressure, heart problems ?

Normal testosterone level for your age is 2.5-12ng/mL. So your testosterone level is normal.

The epididymal cyst is just a small bag of sperm fluid situated above testis, which is usually harmless and requires no treatment unless it is large and causing pressure and pain.

Varicocele is the enlargement of the veins around the testis which can cause increased temperature near testis which can damage sperm and may cause infertility. This requires treatment as soon as possible. Surgical correction by removal of these abnormal veins is necessary by the Surgeon.

The pain over the chest and left arm could be due to many causes. Have you sustained any trauma to the arm and chest recently ? Maybe you may have slept in an uncomfortable position on the bed. Usually in medical literature, chest pain which radiates to the left arm is considered a sign of possible heart problem, but since your are only 26 years, one must rule out the commoner causes of this pain at younger age group also.

This problem can also be caused due to acidity and reflux disease. Kindly avoid spicy food. Consume cold milk for relief. You may require a trial of Proton pump inhibitor drugs to find out if it is gastritis.

Kindly reply if you have high blood pressure, diabetes, giddiness, headache and also if you have ever lost consciousness.

You must consume a balanced diet XXXXXXX in proteins, fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Keep well hydrated. Do daily brisk walking for 40 minutes a day. Get 6-8 hours of refreshing sleep daily. Do Yoga for stress relief.

Avoid junk food, fatty or oily food, colas, smoking and alcohol as all these tend to raise blood pressure or cholesterol in blood vessels and increase chance of heart problems.

Kindly do respond to the above queries

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing good health.