Suffering from erectile dysfunction and no ejaculation. How to overcome this problem?

hi sir,

i have two bad habits.. one is alcohol & another one is smoking. i am married since past 3 months. while having intercourse with my wife sometimes my sperm does'nt come out even after ten mins. and my erection gets loose. i have exp this almost 7 to 8 times till now. though i have decereased smoking i smoke 4 to 5 cig /day and drink only twice in month. but my ability to perform sex is not that much good. i feel tired when i come from work. in a day i can have only two intercourse satisfactorily tat to when i am having holiday. after sex i feel sleepy and almost sleep. plz help me to overcome this it is hurting my sexual life. i am frightened weather i can become a father. i have tried quiting smoking many times but it is not happening. i have used nicoret, nobacco, but all are in vain. i can't stop smoking. atleast 2 cig /day i want or else i feel deperessed and lazy. plz help me to get a solution. !!
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 7 hours later
Thanks for the query in XXXXXXX

Smoking as such shall adversely affect your sexual health as well as overall health.
The primary aim of sexual activity is NOT becoming a parent.
Sexual activity is for important for achieving a good bonding between partners as well as getting pleasure out of it. Hence it should not be done mechanically or under stressful situation.

Erectile dysfunction can be caused by two major causes.

1. Physical - Due to physical factors like hormonal deficiency, obesity, SMOKING, Diabetes, Depression & other Psychiatric Problems etc.

2. Psychological - Most common at your age; Stress, Performance anxiety, guilt about any other sexual activity can contribute to this.

Any physical ailments can decrease the libido as well as alterations in related hormones.

I would suggest the following:

1. Involve yourself in anti stress activities like meditation, yoga and pranayama.

2. If these do not help, you can take Phosphodiesterase inhibitors like tadalafil or Sildenafil can boost your confidence for erectile dysfunction. These are prescription drugs and I would suggest you see your physician for the same.

3. Sex Therapy: Sex Therapy is an effective method of desensitizing fear or performance anxiety. Sex Therapy can be provided by a Sexual Medicine consultant or Sex Therapist. Consider visiting at your location.

I hope I have addressed your concerns in detail. Still, I would be available for follow ups.

Follow-up: Suffering from erectile dysfunction and no ejaculation. How to overcome this problem? 10 hours later
thank you very much Dr. A. XXXXXXX
i would start from pt 1 and eventually try all other points .
thank you sir.
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 9 hours later
All the very best XXXXXXX