Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking cialis 10mg. Cause and cure?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
hi . i am 28 years old male and i am suffering from performance anxiety erectile dysfunction. Since i am not in a stable relation, so i am using cialis 10mg and it works pretty well. I have heard that lubricants like KY Jelly can help a lot in psychogenic ED,since it helps to penetrate the penise into vagina even though the penise is 60-70%erect. Kindly validate? If its so then i would like to reduce the cialis dosage to 5mg and will use KY Jelly along with that. Apart from this any other advice would be really appreciated.
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 45 minutes later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Erectile dysfunction can be a result of a psychological or physical problem.

Psychological causes: Most common cause in young patients. These include performance anxiety, emotional weakness, inferiority complex, stress, marital or relationship problems, low mood, feelings of guilt, and the effects of a past sexual and emotional trauma. Men with psychological problem usually have normal masturbation, normal nocturnal erections and erections upon awakening, whereas men with physical problem often do not.

Physical causes: Include neurological disorders, alcoholism, drug abuse, hormonal imbalances, diabetes, hypertension, blood vessel disease and chronic diseases.

What I can understand from your query is that you are not able to sustain hard erection which is required for intercourse. You are 28 years of age and at this age, any difficulty in getting or maintain an erection is due to psychological reasons in most of the cases.

I will describe some simple measures which you can incorporate and these should help you:
-First of all, quit smoking and alcohol (if you are taking any)
-Have faith in yourself and do not take any stress. You can talk to your partner openly and indulge in plenty of foreplay before sex. As you will worry, your problem will increase further.
-Exercise, particularly aerobic exercise (like: Jogging, skipping and cycling) is very effective.
-Yes, KY jelly help in penetration, you can use it.
-The commonly prescribed drug by the doctors is sildenafil (Viagra) or Tadalafil (Cialis), which causes erections to be stronger and long lasting, but should be taken after prescription. Cialis 10 mg is optimal dose, there is no need for dose reduction but It is important to rule out medical conditions specially related to cardiovascular system before starting such treatment.

Apart from that as you have performance anxiety and feel lonely, then there is need to rule out anxiety disorder in your case by in person evaluation and examination by psychiatrist.

As you are in Gurgaon, you can visit me personally also after taking my address from WWW.WWWW.WW

Wish you good health.
Regards.