Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Problem in-existent during masturbation. Suggest medicines?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hi i am m 30 and got married a year ago. But from my day1 {may be prior as well} i am suffering from Erectile dysfunction problem. I could not erect properly and i loose my erection before i intercourse with my partner. Again erecting not happening properly. But i did realize when i masturbate myself i could sustain my erection. Please advise. I am 75 KG W, and 5.3 H. Please provide with some medicines so that i can remedy this problem and consult a physical locally if it is not going to help.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

Since you can sustain an erection well during masturbation, an organic cause for erectile dysfunction is less likely.

Considering your age, any systemic problems are very unlikely.

In erectile dysfunction, psychological factors do play a very important role. Anxiety has been found to be the most common cause. I would suggest that you take the following measures
1.     Good couple intimacy is necessary to reduce the problem.
2.     The most helpful factor in treatment is to quit smoking, alcohol and masturbation.
3.     Exercise, particularly aerobic exercise is an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction.
4.     You need to indulge in more of foreplay before the act to get an adequate erection.
5.     The medicines used for the treatment include phosphodiesterase inhibitors and alprostadil. Injections are also available to help in maintaining the erection.

Your physician will help you in choosing the best agent for you after examining you to rule out any contraindications to treatment

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Problem in-existent during masturbation. Suggest medicines? 1 hour later
Thanks.

1. I have no habit of Smoking and Alchohal. But some of the doctors says Masturbation is not a problem and it will help in increasing the sperm counts. So please confirm this point.

2. I have a habit of masturbating from my 18's so due to this reason my penis looks small. Not sure this is causing the erectile dysfunction with me.

3. Also it is possible to make my partner pregnent in one intercourse or it requires further attempts?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
Hello.

Thanks for writing again.

1. Masturbation decreases the time for which erection is maintained though it does not produce any harmful effects on the body.

Masturbation does not increase the sperm counts.

2.Decreasing the frequency of masturbation will help in getting better erections.
The size of penis is not affected by masturbation.

3. Single intercourse rarely results in pregnancy. You need to have regular intercourse during the fertile days of your wife's cycle to conceive.

Hope my answer is helpful. Further queries are welcome.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.

Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Problem in-existent during masturbation. Suggest medicines? 2 hours later
Doctor, you are advise are giving me confidence. Last but not least, i am yet to have a first intercourse with my partner and both we have a fear of bleeding at the time intercourse. I just wanted to know is this a tolerate pain or i need to handle gently as much i can.. or may be i should stop doing if i feel we are bleeding at the first intercourse?

Considering this factor, i am also seeking your advise if you are aware of a good sexologist pls advise me in chennai, so that i can have a complete check and get cured from erectile dysfunction by having proper medicines and exercise.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 hours later

Some amount of bleeding is always associated with sexual intercourse when it is done for the first time. Although the pain felt is tolerable still you should try to do it gently and to decrease the pain you can use a lubricating gel or Vaseline locally.

To find a good sexologist nearest in your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing; those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at
WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope I answered all your questions. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. Wish you Good Health.