Suffering from epilepsy. Not cured by epotoin 100mg. Looking for better treatment

Neurologist, Surgical
good morning sir i im XXXXXXX 32 year old suffering from MIRGI since 2006 . and my treatment is countinuous from jabalpur (m.p.) by mr. B.K.Pansey(Neorosurgan) in which given tablets eptoin 100 mg, Canzeal & Lobazam 10mg. but after taking medicine not control my problem, it repets once or twice in a year, when my health recovers better and it comes during day/night sleep and remains for a long time. i have also visited to SGPGI Lacknow in 2008 but got the same treatment. last year on october2011 i visited to nagpur at Mr.G.M.Taori(Neoro surgan). He advised to take only eptoin 100MG once a day. But it is not controlled even today and repeted on 30 september 2012 so p/z give me good treatment. thanks
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 1 hour later
Dear Friend,

I am unsure of the reason for the above medications - it is not very clear in your query. I presume it is for convulsion / seizure. Presuming it to be for convulsion, I think
1. You need to get MRI brain with epilepsy protocol done.
2. You may increase the dosage of eptoin after discussing with your treating doctor. If I were to be your treating doctor, I would suggest 100mg three times a day. After taking it in this dose for a week you can get serum eptoin levels checked in blood. The dose can be managed as per the test.

Hope I answered your query. Discuss these options with your treating doctor. I will be available to answer if you have any other concerns.

Dr Vineet