Suffering from eczema, itching on legs, buttocks, palms and feet. Any treatment?

Jan 2013

Hi I am asking on behalf of my partner who is suffering from extreme itching on legs, buttocks, palms of hands and tops of feet. He does suffer from excema and the excema rash is present, but there are also large patches of red skin and a bumpy rash. The itch is getting worse. he ate a seafood pizza tonight, and although he has experienced itchy feet and legs before, this is almost unbearable. Please help.
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 29 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated queries along with distressing itching.
Had the itching been started after taking seafood pizza?
What medicines is he taking for control of blood pressure?
What is his current status of serum uric acid?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of eczematous skin eruption with acute exacerbation.
Kindly attach picture of affected area if possible.
Eczema gets flared up I warm and dry climate and may cause severe itching with skin abrasion and localized inflammation.
Presence of bumps at itching site could be a feature of inflammation.

You should immediately consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ dermatologists and should go for thorough check up.
Other possibility could be scabies, seafood induced allergic reaction.
Exact diagnosis could be made only after clinical examination.

Meanwhile, he should take antihistamines (cetrizine/ hydroxyzine/ fexofenadine) for relief of symptoms on written prescription.
He should also apply steroidal topical application on affected site.
His condition may require intravenous steroid for short period of time.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other queries.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Suffering from eczema, itching on legs, buttocks, palms and feet. Any treatment? 5 minutes later
thank you for your prompt response. We will take your advice and visit our doctor later this morning.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 minutes later
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Get well soon.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava