Suffering from ear blockage. Can this be cured?

ENT Specialist
I have been suffering from ear blockage for some 2 years or more. That is causing a lot of uneasyness. Can it be cured?
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 20 hours later
I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon

On th basis of the information provided it appears that your problem of ear blockade is related with your problem of allergy to dust and cold. This leads to the dysfunction of the eustachain tube (tube which connects ear and throat at the back of nose) leading to negative middle ear pressure or collection of fluid in ear. This is the most common cause with such history. However there can be other causes like blockade of external ear canal due to wax, fungal deposits or a narrow ear canal. I would advise you for a ENT consultation and a nasal endoscopy for the diagnosis. Once a diagnosis is made we can look forward for the treatment.

This is a treatable condition if the treatment is started in time. I hope this answers your concern. Feel free to coontact me if you require more information about it

with regards
Ravinder Sharma