Suffering from dizziness, vertigo and heavy eyelids. CAT scan and EKG done. What am I suffering from?

This involves dizziness, vertigo, sudden heavy eyelids and difficulty focusing, over the last seven years. I was at my computer typing away, when I began to feel a bit light-headed and apprehensive. When I stood up, it felt worse. I panicked a little, which didn't help; put a cold wash cloth to my neck, drank down two glasses of cold water, and eventually the symptoms went away and I felt fine. The symptoms returned, however, a month or two later, again at the keyboard. Over the next few months, when they became more frequent, I saw a doctor and went through a battery of tests, including a CAT scan, neurological tests, EKG, event monitor, blood work, etc. all without a diagnosis. I resorted to my own on line research and narrowing it down to one unique symptom of my attacks--sudden aversion to tobacco smoke (and I'm a pack a day smoker)--I came across a a description of a malady called LGS (leaky gut syndrome) wherein the gap between cells in the stomach and/or intestines become so increased that larger than normal food particles enter the blood stream, thereby taxing the immune system, and causing the kind of symptoms I experienced. A subsequent Google search for treatment of this situation suggested Acidophilus. Once I started taking this supplement, the spells ceased. If I failed to take Acidophilus for a few days, the symptoms returned.
After about years of this, the symptoms began appearing again. I would have to drinks lots of water, and/or redose myself with Acidophilus before they would subside. Now, the symptoms appear every day, about an hour or two after I wake up, and I am now convinced that LGS may not have been at the bottom of my troubles. I suspect either an inner ear problem, or something to do with my eyes, but as I am now without any health insurance, I have no way to get any diagnostic tests.

Have any of you encountered a similar case history? Can any of you offer any hope or help? Can any of you suggest what It might be that I suffer from and what can be done about it? I am becoming scared and desperate
\alone in this.

Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 4 hours later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in Cardiology.
I read your complete mail with diligence.
Yes, there are millions who believe that there is Leaky Gut Syndrome (LGS) reference
WWW.WWWW.WW and Wikipedia.
But, I among millions of conventional doctors who does not believe it exists.
I have gone through the history and history of investigations and I want to ask you one question and suggest one diagnosis. Please answer both, your reply shall get a thoughtful answer that is assured.

My question is what is troubling you most : can you list 3 symptoms?
My suggestion is you are suffering from Migraine, what is your thoughts on this diagnosis?
Looking forward to your answer.
With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW