Suffering from dizziness. EKG showed normal. Blood pressure low. What is causing this?

Hi I have a problem, months ago I had a severe attack of of dizziness, my doctor had done EKG and the doctor told me that everything is ok, but I still do not feel a momentary dizziness when they are not strong, I measured the pressure was 110/67 pulse 88 , seems to me that the pressure is low I can do to promote it, I'm 24 years
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 24 minutes later

Your blood pressure seems to be fine. In fact there are no fixed guidelines for low blood pressure. It is a relative term, means if you are normally having blood pressure of 80 diastolic these might be considered to be on lower side. In routing if you comfortable then this blood pressure is fine for you.

Other wise there is nothing to worry on blood pressure part. The other commonest reason for this kind of dizziness is due to ear problems.

Do not worry it will settle on its own.

In general to deal with low blood pressure, please take plenty of liquids all the time. Take your meals on time and avoid unnecessary physical exertion.

In case the problem was due to ear which is more likely, please avoid jerky movements of head which can aggravate the problem.

I hope helps and clarify your concern.

If you have more questions, please ask. If you are satisfied, please take a moment to leave feedback!