Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffering from difficulty in urination, blood in urine. Have enlarged prostate. Suggestion?

i showed blood first and urine after straining to go to the bathroom.i have inlarged prostate.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 23 minutes later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

Sometimes we see blood in the urine if there is inflammation in the bladder or prostate. This is referred to as a prostatitis.

However we need to make sure that we rule out any other worrisome problems such as problems within the platter or in the kidneys. I think that the fact that you passed a significant amount of blood while urinating is concerning enough that I think you need to have this evaluated further.

I would like to recommend that you touch base with your urinalysis performed. Also, sometimes we request CAT scans of the abdomen and pelvis to evaluate the urinary tract in the bladder to make sure there are no worry some problems.

It is possible that you may need to see a urologist to evaluate your urinary tract again and make sure there are no worry some concerns within the bladder the prostate or the kidneys.

Again I thank you for submitting your question. I hope it is clear that I really feel you should touch base with your doctor to discuss this. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert