Suffering from diarrhea, noticed blood in it. Any effective treatment?

I've had diarreaha all day. Bad cramps I run to the bathroom and only a little bit comes out. I have been noticing blood. I do have hemmroids so I don't know if its from that or some type of XXXXXXX bleeding. What should I do
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You should see your doctor as soon as possible.
Rectal examination is necessary - to exclude local pathology and check the haemorrhoids /Stool needs to be examined / blood tests may be necessary /

The most important aspect of management of diarrhoea is rehydration / You must ensure your fluid intake is sufficient - enough to ensure good amount of urine output / ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution) is available over the Counter... /

You have not stated your personal habits, family history or co-morbidities, even age, gender...they could have an influence on the diagnosis and outcome...

If there is no improvement, you may need antibiotic / Later on Colonoscopy may be necessary...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck