Suffering from diarrhea and noticed black stool. Any solution?

Oncologist, Radiation
I have had diarrhea for a few days, and today the diarrhea is black but has no odor i donot have bad stomach cramps but 5 to 10 minutesafter i drink or eat i have a liquidy bowel movement
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dipanjan Majumder 17 minutes later

You have mentioned that you are suffering from diarrhea.
As you have given history of only a few days it should be called as acute diarrhea.

Most common cause of acute diarrhea is infective, which is very often associated with ingestion of food outside home.

Diarrhea due to bacterial infection often is accompanied by fever, abdominal cramp, blood in stool. You did not report of any of these symptoms. I would recommend medical attention at the earliest if you develop these.

Black stool even without odor is very suspicious, very often upper G-I bleed manifests like this. If you have features of chronic gastritis or unexplained weight loss , indigestion problem in recent time you should be examined by experienced physician.

A complete hemogram and stool for routine and microscopic tests are mandatory when you visit your physician. Your pulse rate, blood pressure also need to be checked.

In the interim, drink plenty of fluids. Pre and probiotic usage are beneficial.

Hope this suffices. I will be available for further follow up.