Suffering from diarrhea and allergic rhinitis. Found hemorrhoids. Required treatment?

Question intestines are sensitive and i get diarrhoea very often..i got colonoscopy done and there are two XXXXXXX haemmorhoids. the dr said its ibs but i only suffer with diarrhoea. i also suffer with allergic rhinitis..due to these problems my immunity is going down..plz suggest something..specially for my intestines..can i be 100% fit?
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 33 minutes later
It seems you are suffering a lot from your diarrhea. The work up to find out the cause of your diarrhea is extensive. I assume you have had diarrhea for an extended period of time (over 2 weeks?). You should get stool studies performed if not already done to make sure it is not a parasite or bacteria. Also you should get blood test to check your thyroid and celiac sprue serologies.
I understand you had a colonoscopy; usually if you had it done because of diarrhea then the doctor should have taken random colonic biopsies to see if you have an entity called "microscopic colitis". You should also get an upper endoscopy and get small bowel biopsies (to rule out duodenal problems, such as celiac sprue or infections).
If this is still negative there are other more special tests that can be performed based on the results of the above.
In the meantime there are multiple medications that can be tried to help with your diarrhea symptoms such as loperamide, diphenoxylate with atropine, alosetron. Also do a trial of avoiding dairy products and foods that contain gluten. Ask your gastroenterologist for further recommendations.
Diarrhea itself should not lower your immune system, unless it is extremely severe to cause malabsorption of proteins.
Hope that helped.
Follow-up: Suffering from diarrhea and allergic rhinitis. Found hemorrhoids. Required treatment? 8 hours later
The other tests done apart from colonoscopy were blood glucose, tsh, stool, urine, haemogram, biopsy small. results were normal. biopsy report says: section shows normal rectal mucosa. no evidence of ibd see.
colonocopy report says: two column of second degree XXXXXXX haemorrhoids present. normal colonic mucosa seen from rectum till cecum. ileo-cecal valve was normal. terminal 10 cm of ileum had
normal ileal mucosa.
stool routine report says everything was normal. only wbcs count was 1-2 in it. apart from that everything is normal.
medicines i am taking these days is Mebiz sr twice a day and a tablet of folic acid.
I also workout in gym. as u know a high protein diet is required. plz suggest abt diet as well. what is your opinion abt protein supplements? are they safe?

Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 3 hours later
Then it seems you have had a complete diarrhea work up. Continue taking Mebiz sr, but you can also add the medications I mentioned above if the diarrhea is too bothersome.
A high protein diet is safe, however keep in mind that it will give you gasses. A high protein diet or with protein supplements will help you build muscle safely.
Follow-up: Suffering from diarrhea and allergic rhinitis. Found hemorrhoids. Required treatment? 2 hours later
Thanks a lot for the help sir..One last question. Can u plz suggest me the name of a good protein supplement which is safe. my doctor said that supplements are not safe as they might contain steroids.. Plz suggest me a name. as my doctor is an indian, he might not have that kind of knowlede about supplemnts. u can also tell me the name of a good brand.

Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 4 hours later
There are many brands available, here in the United States I trust brands from GNC (General Nutrition Center), and I like the proteins supplements from EAS sports nutrition (they have high protein content, low carbohydrate load, no other additives or steroids).
Hope that helps!