Suffering from diabetes, depression, gastric problem. Taking glimisave m2 forte, trivolib. Right medication?

Endocrinologist
Question
SIR/MADAM,
I AM AGED 40 YEARS, DETECTED OF DIABETES TYPE II FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS,
PROBLEM 1) TREMENDOUS "RAPID GASTRIC DUMPING" AND NAUSEA 2) MY FBS BEFOR GOING TO A GENERAL PHYSICIAN WAS 174 AND PP 256. I TAKE GLIMISAVE M2 FORTE(GLIMEPIRIDE+METFORMIN HYDROCHLORIDE) AT BREAKFAST , TRIVOLIB 2 AT LUNCH AND TRIVOLIB 1 AT DINNER. AFTER TAKING THAT MY FBS REMAINS THE SAME BUT THE PP IS 229. I AM SUFFERING ALSO FROM DEPRESSION.... AM I INTO CORRECT MEDICATION??? I STAY IN JALPAIGURI, WEST BENGAL, A SEMI URBAN AREA WITOUT SUPERSPECIALITIES...PLZ PLZ HELP....
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 2 hours later
Hello sir

I do understand that you have diabetes for 2 years, on various medication and your concern seems to be related to gastric problem.

Your gastric dumping can be related to metformin and also due to volibo. I would prefer to change these medications and see how your symptoms improve. If your sugar increases after stopping these medications we can choose other medications that can be tolerated by you for blood sugar control. Regular walking and a diabetic diet will help to reduce your sugars.

I would also prefer to check your lipid profile and HBA1c levels

regards