Suffering from diabetes and kidney problem. Taking insulin. Suggest the diet tips

hello Dr. Shankardhar, I am a patient of diabetes & kidney. i used insulin (mrn. 12 unit-ev.8 unit) and also eating a balance diet. now I am not able to eat any protien XXXXXXX food because of my creatinine for that i am feeling weak day by day. There fore please sujest me some diet tips for the same, I will be ever great full to you.
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. L K Shankdhar 27 hours later

Thanks for availing this platform for your medical problem.

Diet for renal patients needs following tips:-
1. Protein intake should be 0.6-0.8 G/kg of body weight which is equivalent to half katorie.
2. Avoid leafy vegetables
3. Salt intake should be low
4. XXXXXXX and pulses with cover should be avoided.
5. Instead of brown bread white bread should be used.
6. Avoid citrus fruits such as oranges, lemons and sweat lime
7. Fluid intake should be equivalent to the amount of urine output plus 500 ml.

Since your creatinine is not very high and estimated GFR is 44.7 ml/min, hope this much should suffice.
Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Wishing good health!!!

Prof. LK Shankhdhar