Suffering from diabetes. Not controlled by medicine. What should I do to avoid hyperglycemia?

Poor

Question
MY BLOOD SUGAR HA REACHED 480 ,Iwas taking previously Pios 15 mg 0 - 0 - 1, EURAPA 1MG 1---1---1---, AND DIAMICRON 60 1 -- 0 ---1, THEN DR COULD NOT ADMINISTER TO CONTROL MY DIABETES.
THEN I SUSPENDED, FOLLOWING IRRITATION TOWARDS MEDICINE.
SUDDENLY I TOOK THANDAI (BRand name GURUJI) its packing was hopeless thing was not coming out of bottle,
i was feeling thirsty and eager to drink wat came out was not the substance but sugar liquid , i drank that with milk and after words substance came out that also i drank with water. in the evening that day i started severing very much. and 2degree temp. i immediately took XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ras and was lright my fever and severing gone
in the mean time i have checked blood sugar and it came 480 and HBA1C 10.6
i changed my dr. and sweetched over to another reputed dr who gave course of GEMER -2 FOR TWO MONTH
1---0----1 EVERY DAY,
I DID NOT HAVE ANY OTHER Type of trouble up till now except in 2009 I was admitted in HOSPITAL FOR KNEE SWELLING AND CURED FOR DETECTION OF COX AND TOOK MEDICINE FOR 9 MONTH.
PLEASE SUGGEST PRECAUTION I MUST TAKE TO AVOID HYPERGLYCEMIA
THANK YOU
XXXXXX
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
The mainstay in maintaining a good blood glucose control is compliance to medication and undertaking the appropriate life style changes.
It might be important to mention that not all patient react to drugs in the same way, thus reason for complying with medication and reporting to your physician of any side effects or clinical improvements noticed. I your history, eagerness to drink and persistently high HbA1c levels were a clear indication of poor glucose level control. Prescription of anti diabetic drugs today take into consideration presence or absence of cormobidities like hypertension of lipid disorders.
For a proper blood glucose control , i propose,
Sticking to a physician you trust and complying to treatment. Do not change your medication without his prior authorization. There are routine tests you needs to do every year to check out for any complication.
Life style modifications like a low salt diet , exercise, vegetable XXXXXXX diet, diet XXXXXXX i fibre are key issues in diabetes management.
respect your clinic appointments and never fail to raise any concerns to your treating physician when notice any.
Thanks and best regards as I hope this helps,
Luchuo, MD.