Suffering from depression, feeling pressure in head and dizzy. What should be done?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 5 hours later
Thanks for posting the query
The symptoms you have described above could be related to blockage of the paranasal sinuses following an attack of flu.
Post flu there would be nasal congestion, which will block the opening of the sinuses. Blockage of the sinuses causes stagnation of the sinus secretions leading to pressure in the head and dizzy feeling.
My advice to you is:
1. Drink plenty of warm water to keep the nose and the throat hydrated.
2. Use saline nasal spray followed by steam inhalation 2-3 times a day, which helps in reducing the nasal congestion, clearing of the mucus and reducing the cough.
3. Avoid coffee and chilled beverages.
4. A mucolytic (such as ambroxol or bromhexine) to reduce the viscosity of the mucus.
5. An anti-inflammatory medicine such as ibuprofen or diclofenac for headache and throat pain.
If the problem persists even after the above measures, please consult your doctor.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
People also viewed
- Hydrogen peroxide good for armpits
- Experiencing dizziness and depression what is the problem
- Supportive treatment
- Dns depression medication
- Does fenugreek seeds help in depression
- Rash on neck groin armpit legs
- Only one armpit grows hair
- Would stent cause depression or the medicine they put you on
- Tingling in groin and armpit
- Suffering from anxiety and depression feeling dizzy and unbalanced suggestion
- Heat and swollen armpit gland
- What medicines should be taken for depression
- Post partum axillary nodes
- Suffering from depression and feeling sleepy
- What treatment should be taken for depression