Suffering from depression. Prescribed with Reben-DSR and Zaptra. should I continue medication?

Good Morning Sir, My daugher (AGE IS 25 YEARS)is suffering from depression since two month ,she is usign Medicine as per advise Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Nayak M.D. (psychiatry.The medicine are REBEN -DSR, O-ANXIT, ZAPTRA-25,ONE-H-25 ,RICH NEURO, FOSTER-5 LOPEZ-2 AND HEPA ZYME.PLESE ADVISE ME IT IS BETTER TO TAKE MEDICINE OR NOT SIR. FROM S.N.DASH,CANAL COLONY ,BARGARH ,ODISHA ,INDIA,+0000
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 hours later
Brief Answer: She needs. to be treated with medicine Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. I understand from what you have said that she is having depression. The merications that you have stated have an antidepressant , mood stabilizer, anti acid and some multi vitamin. Its a good combination of drugs and this should be good for your daughter. She does.need to take medications. Unlike before the newer medicines have become very safe. Moreover not treating with medicne may lead to damage in the brain. She may need to take these medicines for around 10 to 12 months. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: Suffering from depression. Prescribed with Reben-DSR and Zaptra. should I continue medication? 13 hours later
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 39 hours later
Brief Answer: Regards Detailed Answer: Hello You are most welcome. IN future if you need any further advice you can contact me directly on Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy