Suffering from dandruff problem. Using dandruff shampoo. Work in night shifts. What to do? Permanent solution?

I am suffering from dandruff problem (cant determine if its severe or mild), but if i stop using anti dandruff shampoo (head and shoulder) for a day or two, they get back, is there any permanent solution for this problem ? whether using anti dandruff shampoo on a daily basis can harm my hairs? I dont drink alcohol or smoke, i work in night shifts ( i get up at 2 o'clock in the night everyday), i sleep for 5-6 hours on a daily basis.
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 hours later

Do reduce the frequency of applying anti dandruff shampoo.

If there is itching and hair fall associated with dandruff, the chances of it being fungal infection are more. then there would be need for a special anti-dandruff shampoo like KETO. Which has to be applied twice weekly.

Do consult a dermatologist to identify the exact cause, as permanent cure entirely depends on the same.

Hope, I answered your query.