Suffering from cough and feeling blockage in the upper wind pipe. What should I do?

Pulmonologist
Question
I am continuously suffering from cough due to feeling of some blockage in the upper wind pipe, this becoms severe during cold season, My have done a Haemogram yesterday the results are Haemoglobin 12.6 gm%, Monocytes 1 % MCH 25 pg, MCHC 30 gm/dl,MPV 11.9 fL, PDW 19.8 fL, AEC440. I remebber some ime back some food particle wend hrough my wind pipe and from then onwards I am facing such Problem. Do you think if I undergo a bronchoscopy an experienced Physician can cure me from this ailment?
Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX
After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be suffering from chronic cough with winter exacerbations. Your absolute eosinophil count is on the higher side.

2. Considering the history of possible aspiration a bronchoscopy may be of some help. But you need to get yourself clinically evaluated by a Pulmonologist.

3. Investigations that may be required are chest xray, pulmonary function test and HRCT scan of the thorax. Also serum IgE levels will hint towards a possible allergic component.

4. The above investigations will make the picture more clear and thus you can be managed according to your evaluation profile.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologist

Follow-up: Suffering from cough and feeling blockage in the upper wind pipe. What should I do? 2 hours later
Dear Dr. Gyanshankar XXXXXXX
Thanks for your suggestion, I shal see a Pulmonologist soon and try finding a long term solution to the issue, I have done a Chest PA X-Ray and found nothing abnormal.

Best Regards
XXXXXXX

Thanks for the follow up.
Considering that your chest xray is normal, it seems a good news. However further course of investigations can be targeted only after a clinical examination by a Pulmonologist.

Get well soon.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologist