Suffering from cough and cold. Want good medicine

Hi Doctor,
Suffering from cold and cough since 3 days. Please suggest good medicine for "cold and cough".
Thank You,
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 30 minutes later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Most of the cold and cough is caused by viruses or due to allergy. Most of the time they are self limiting. They only require symptomatic treatment and not the antibiotics.

You can use over the counter medication like decongestants (oxymetazoline) are specifically intended to treat sinus and nasal congestion. Anti histamine drugs will be helpful for common cold. For cough, cough suppressants, or anti-tus-
sives like dextromethorphan, codeine and diphenhydramine, will be helpful.

I advice you to do steam inhalation, salt water gargling and drink plenty of water along with these you can take tablet Recofast trice a day for five days and any of the cough suppressant will help.

Even after a week if the symptoms persists i advice you to see physician for examination.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer

Follow-up: Suffering from cough and cold. Want good medicine 17 minutes later
Thank you doctor for your valuable suggestion. I will follow these and let you know after a week how it went. Thank you once again.
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later

Wish you a good health.