Suffering from cough and cold. Can you suggest medicines?

Hello Doctor,
I am suffering from cough & cold. Can you please suggest me some medicines?
Thanks in advance.
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 25 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Common cold is self limited upper respiratory infection , and treatment is supportive with ibuprofen or acetaminophen ; cold and flu remedy sachets ( dissolve in water ); various types of cough syrup like Actifed or Bromhexine or Guafenesin , topical nasal decongestants in case you have nasal congestion ( spry or drops like Xylometazoline ); Throat lozenges ; Vit C; plenty of fluids. All these measures will improve your condition quickly.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery,
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,