Suffering from cough. Rashes appeared on chest, have stuffy nose and headache. Looking for cure

It started with a cough sunday night. Woke up with a rash where neck meets chest. Funny though my cough went away but rash is still very bothersome and very itchy. Im not sure if i have really bad allergies or a bad cold. Stuffy nose,runny nose,sinus congestion( a little painful) a headache at times. Wich at this point i can handle its the itching thats killing me.
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I can appreciate your problem of the itch. Did you take some medicine for your cough? If yes, then what was it?

If you can upload a photograph of the rash then it shall facilitate us. The facility to upload the photograph is present on the site. Have you tried any medicine to reduce itching? You can take tab. cetrizine three times a day to reduce itching.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you have any query or would like to share any information on this problem.

Wishing you all the best..

Follow-up: Suffering from cough. Rashes appeared on chest, have stuffy nose and headache. Looking for cure 2 hours later
The only thing i did was apply vicks on my chest, back,and bottom of feet. Would it be cetirizine(zyrtec) how many mg. can i apply something on it as well to relieve the itching. I took photo. Hopefully u can distinguish and diagnose rash. Thank you very much. I hope that whatever u answer helps. Had a very sleepless night.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 15 minutes later

Thanks for the update.

The rash is over a very wide area. It is difficult to tell the cause of it.

You can take tab. Zyrtec 5 mg. twice a day and apply a cream or lotion to soothe it. Hopefully it should give you relief.

Wishing you all the best...