Suffering from continuous nose blockages and using nasal sprays. Told as allergic rhinitis and nasal blood vessels are swollen. Need advise?

ENT Specialist
Question
hello doctors,
I'm 25 yrs old male,i have been suffering from continous nose blockages since 6 months,sometimes in any of the nostril,but most of the time in both the nostrils.so i have been using nasal sprays like otrivin or nasivion for getting relief(continously about 5 times daily).i have consulted an ENT doctor,he adviced it as the allergic rhinitis and he told me that my nasal blood vessels have become swollen,temporarily he precribed antihistamine corticosteriod spray for 15 days.but he adviced for permanent relief laser turbinoplasty has to be done. Please advice your views on this.

Thanks
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
try medical treatment for 3 months

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your query.
I am completely agreed with your doctor as you are suffering from the allergic rhinitis.
But for allergic rhinitis you don’t take the good treatment.

As I personally advised better to go for conservative treatment at least for 3 months after that symptoms are not improved or hampered your daily routine activities then surely go for laser turbinoplasty.

If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Suffering from continuous nose blockages and using nasal sprays. Told as allergic rhinitis and nasal blood vessels are swollen. Need advise? 2 hours later
Dear doctor,
Thanks for answering my query,i completely agree your suggestion to go with medication for 3 months.But then can you please suggest me the medication to be taken for this condition

thanks!

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult your doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your query.
I personally advised-
1.Proper Antibiotic
2.Nasal decongestant
3.Systemic decongestant
4.Nasal steroid
5.Steam inhalation

For this prescription, please consult your doctor.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Suffering from continuous nose blockages and using nasal sprays. Told as allergic rhinitis and nasal blood vessels are swollen. Need advise? 50 minutes later
thanks doctor for replying,i will surely consult my doctor

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
You are most welcome.
Wish you good health.