Suffering from constipation, stomach pain and nausea. Could it be due to ulcers in stomach?

I have had a few questions answered on this website. Although I am trying to eat after two years of anorexia, I have had problems with constipation as well as stomach pains and nausea. The prospect of being in excruciating pain 2 hours after I eat really puts me off. My current problem is that every day, beginning at around 3-4pm I have increasing stomach pains which last for the good bit of the day and into the night. Most of the time they get so bad that I am doubled up and unable to even talk. I am able to sleep it off but the next day the same thing happens. Every day. I have had an abdominal ultrasound today which showed nothing abnormal in any of the organs (liver, pancreas, galbladder etc) I am suspecting ulcers in my stomach but when I throw up there are no telltales of bleeding, at least I don't think so. I have had a blood test that shows severe anemia but as far as the helicobacter Pylori, its negative I am attaching them here. Please, what should I do next? thanks
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Haseena Hamdani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hyperacidity per se... Detailed Answer: Hi, Your Low HB and Ferritin level could be due to Nutritional deficiency, as your history suggests that you were suffering from Anorexia. Are you on any medication for Anemia? You need the iron supplement, but at the same time your doctor have to choose the right one for you, as you already having nausea, constipation and abdominal pains, and these are the common side effects of Iron Supplement. If you do not have blood in vomiting, it does not mean that you have or not have the ulcer. Further an ultrasound examination is not the right test to exclude ulcer. I suggest upper GI endoscopy to my patients. I would advise you to choose your food properly . You need to take small, frequent meals, rich in iron ( green leafy Vegetables, Beet, organ XXXXXXX etc) , rich in Vitamin C, but not XXXXXXX in fat, oil and spices. Your should prefer boiled, grilled or steamed food instead of fried. Avoid all processed food. Drink enough water , but avoid fizzy drink, caffeinated drink, Alcohol, Smoking and full cream dairy product. DO regular exercises. keep yourself occupied during your usual symptom period. You doctor has done important investigations to rule out some common problems, that is why I feel if you take above precautions, it might help you. I am sure that your Doctor must have ruled out any menstrual cause for anemia also. If you have any further query, you are most welcome. Dr H Hamdani