Suffering from constipation and stomach problem after having spicy food. Should I be worried?

Hi this is XXXX. Im suffering from constipation and very often i faces these kind of stomach problems. Sometimes it stops but whenever i take any heavy diet, spicy food or market food it again shows up.
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Avoid eating spicy and processed foods. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for the question. Constipation is mostly a lifestyle disease, meaning, it depends on what type of foods you eat. If the fiber content of the food is less then you will have hard stools which causes constipation. So my suggestion to you is, eat healthy diet which is XXXXXXX in fiber. These foods include., 1. Wheat products (Chapati, roti etc), avoid maida. 2. Green leafy vegetables. 3. Pulses and cereals. 4. Whole grain foods. 5. Fresh fruits. (Avoid fruit juices). 6. Soya beans. 7. Most vegetables, including tubers and roots. You should avoid eating processed and junk foods like burgers, hot dogs and pizzas. Avoid overeating. You can take a mild laxative such as liquid paraffin for temporary relief, but if you want a permanent solution, then you should watch what you eat. Syrup Looze is also a temporary solution. If there is no improvement following dietary changes, you should consult a general surgeon or gastroenterologist for further evaluation. Hope I have answered your question. Please do write back if you need further clarifications. Wishing you good health. Regards,