Suffering from constipation and noticed white spots in stool. What is the cause and cure?

Question
Thank you, I've been having constipation, and now I'm noticing white spots in my stool movements. I do have yeast infections periodically but I'm wondering if it's something else, like parasites, as my constipation has been consistent for a few years now, regardless of what I eat. Please help.
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in Constipation

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 44 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
The stools are made up of fibre residue, dead gut mucosa cells, mucus, dead bacteria and water content.
When you have chronic constipation water content is less and stool is more dense, as a result the mucus comes to surface and occupies the crevices on the surface of hard stool and may look like a worm or some thing important.
I think you have seen this collection of mucus on surface of stool.
You can further clear your doubt by getting a stool examination for ova and cysts.
You should improve hydration, include fruits and vegetables in diet to provide fibres, if still constipated then you should take laxatives under supervision.
If you do not have any pain, distention in abdomen, you should not worry anymore.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!