Suffering from constipation. Suggest home remedy to cure permanently

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I am suffering from Constipation. Tried all home remedies but no use. Can you help me to solve the problem. Suggest me some medicine or home remedies to cure constipation permanently
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 11 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Taking into consideration your age and assuming that the problem of constipation is recent and not since childhood the commonest cause for it could be dietary habits.
I would suggest the following schedule
1. Drink at least 2 litres of water daily.
2. Daily exercise for at least 40 minutes especially walking.
3. Plenty of vegetables in the diet.
4. avoid redmeat or any such constipating foods.
5. XXXXXXX tea is good for the bowel.
6. Sorbiline 2 tablespoons in a glass of XXXXXXX warm water in the morning for at least 12 weeks.
I am sure you will get relief with this treatment. If you have any further querries kindly write back.
With regards
Follow-up: Suffering from constipation. Suggest home remedy to cure permanently 5 minutes later
Instead of Sorbiline which other laxative i can take. The above steps r followed by me everyday. Will amla powder with warm milk or water at night helps in reducing constipation
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 4 hours later
Thanks for the feed back.
Sorbiline would be the best. It has beneficial effects on the gut , liver and helps in regularising lipid levels. In case if you have already tried it then i would suggest Lactulose in the dose of 30cc at bedtime for at least 10 days for regularisation.
Warm milk or warm water will surely help. Whether amla powder will help is doubtful.
You can take a banana with it as a bulk former.
I hope this answers your querry.
With reagrds