Suffering from constant cough and sore in throat while swallowing. Any treatment?

ENT Specialist
I had been sick off and on for about 3 weeks I got better but kept a constant cough. I feel a bit swore again on the right side of my throat when swallowing. I looked and saw a grayish black circle on my right tonsil
Posted Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later

Thanks for posting the query

You seem to suffering from the relapsing episodes of viral fever and post viral cough. This relapsing episode occurs when the body immunity is low. Do not worry! This is a common problem, with appropriate intervention this can be taken care of.

The grayish spot noticed on the tonsil could be a small hematoma formed because of the violent cough. This will definitely clear off after sometime.

My advice to you is:
1. To drink plenty of warm water - this will help in hydration of the tissues and clearing of the hematoma and cough.
2. If you are having cold or nasal block please do steam inhalation, this will reduce the nasal congestion and the cough.
3. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, your immunity will be enhanced.
4. Avoid alcohol/smoking/coffee/hot or chilled food and beverages.

Hope I have answered your queries. I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon