Suffering from constant calf muscles pain. Is this due to lack of adequate vitamins consumption?

Jun 2015

Hi doctor, my wife is suffering from constant calf muscles pain from last three weeks, no wear & tear, injury. Is that because of any lack of adequate vitamins consumption? she feels low, like low b.p. or no energy.

Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 38 minutes later

In the absence of any history of wear & tear or injury, constant calf muscle pain can be due to:

1. Deficiency of certain nutrients like Iron, Vitamin D, Calcium, etc. which interferes with blood formation & nerve conduction.
2. Decrease in blood sugar levels (Hypoglycemia)
3. Any fluctuation in blood pressure levels such as Hypotension.
4. Hormonal imbalance like Hypothyroidism.
5. Lack of adequate hydration, proper nutrition & good sleep.
6. Even emotional factors like stress/tension can lead to such symptoms.

Feeling of low levels of energy & chronic back pain can also be attributed to fatigue & above mentioned factors.

Investigations like complete blood count, estimation of blood pressure and blood sugar levels will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.

So, it will be better to consult her General Physician & get a proper physical examination done to find out the exact cause.
Based upon that, appropriate management steps could be taken.

Meanwhile, she should maintain adequate hydration, take a healthy balanced diet & avoid stress.

Wishing a good health.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.
Follow-up: Suffering from constant calf muscles pain. Is this due to lack of adequate vitamins consumption? 5 minutes later
please suggest a medicine/supplement having the vitamins
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 2 hours later

Thanks for your follow up query.

Please give her Capsules A to Z.
It contains all the desired vitamins & minerals in specified amount.
In addition Syrup Dexorange 1 spoon daily will help to speed up the recovery.

Wishing a good health.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.