Suffering from constant calf muscle pain and sleep apnea. Are they related?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i suffer from constant calf muscle pain daily i also suffer from sleep apnea are they related every morning for past 5years i have been experencing pain in my calfs only very sore
Posted Fri, 11 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 33 minutes later
The calf pain that you have is not likely to be related to sleep apnoea.
The pain in calves can be due to-
1. Calf muscle strain and tear - Usually due to overwork and overstretching of the muscles. Recent increase in leg exercises may cause these. Gradual increase in exercise and pain killers with mild symptoms.
2. Prolonged intake of hormonal therapy might cause this.
3. Muscle ischaemia- associated with diabetes usually. There is acute pain associated with it.
4. XXXXXXX vein thrombosis- comes last among the list of probable diagnosis.
You may get the initial physical examination, relevant tests and treatment done under care of 'Orthopaedician'.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Suffering from constant calf muscle pain and sleep apnea. Are they related? 33 minutes later
what is hormonal therapy
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 22 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Hormonal therapy refers to intake of testosterone, steroids, etc for a long time.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.