Suffering from cold, cough, sore throat, fever, headache and joints pain. Underlying cause?

Question
I have been suffering from cold, cough, sore throat, fever, headache, body pain, joints pain and vomiting since last night.
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
These appear to be classical symptoms of viral sore throat.
Such types of viral fever generally take 3 to 5 days to become all right.
Treatment involves...
Avoiding cold drinks
Warm saline gargles.
Taking paracetamol tablet whenever you are feeling headache or fever.You can take as many as 6 tablets a day.
There is no need for any anti biotic at this stage.
If cold is bothering you,you may take some anti histaminic like CETRIZINE in night for couple of days.
In case your fever doesn't go away in next 5 days,you must consult your doctor for examination and relevant investigations for finding the cause.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks