Suffering from cold and took nyquil. Having vomiting and loose stool. What was wrong?

Hi so ive been fighting a cold and took some nyquil at 11 so i could go to sleep. I last ate at 8. Its now 3 ive thrown up 3 times &have loosestool.whatswrong?
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 5 minutes later
The contents of Nyquil usually don't cause vomiting or loose stools unless you are allergic to them.

The cold you were suffering could be due to some viral prodrom. And it'd have upset your digestion. That could very well result in vomiting and loose stools.
Follow-up: Suffering from cold and took nyquil. Having vomiting and loose stool. What was wrong? 5 minutes later
What is your advice to how i can get better? Tired of being sick. Got the flu shot 10 days ago for first time and havent felt good since
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take ofloxacin, ornidazole and ondansetron

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

It appears that our are suffering from acute infectious enteritis. Take a course of antibiotics like ofloxacin and ornidazole, tablet ondansetron for vomiting. Keep your hydration level well by taking adequate fluids

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.