Suffering from cold and flu. Taking nimesulide. Having sore throat. What should I do?

I am suffering already from flu or from cold I don't know last 3 days. What I am doing right now is taking a lot of liquids, (tea, water, fresh orange juice), also twice a day taking Nimesulide as I am sure I am having inflammation on my throat and also I am taking Helicidine which is anti-cough remedy. now almost all symptoms went away after 4 days of treatment but I am having soar trout when I am taking any meal or drinking something and also almost my voice is lost and I can't talk properly as voice is so quite and so low I can't speak. :( Could you recommend me something to do?
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 30 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
You are having all the manifecstation of a typical sore throat and epiglottitis which is mostly viral but may be bacterial of may develop a bacterial infection as add on after two three days.
The steps you have taken are appropriate and should continue.
You should do meticulous mouthcare to keep up oral health, brush twice a day and do chlorhexidine mouth gargles thrice a day and avoid eating any edibles during ensuing 2 hours to ensure good germicidal effect of chlorhexidine; Do warm saline gargles after you take anything orally.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow-up: Suffering from cold and flu. Taking nimesulide. Having sore throat. What should I do? 4 minutes later
Dr. XXXXXXX thanks for your answer and I am having 2 more question should I make warm saline gargles in throat just like normally or may be I should add some Betadin drops? or salt? Do you recommend any of them? And if so how many?

And for how long I can take Nimesulide as I am taking it already 5 days.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
You should do saline gargles followed by Chlorhexidine gargles which are better than betadine.
Saline is prepared by adding 5grams of common salt to 200ml water.
Nimesulide can be taken upto 14days but should be stopped once you are comfortable, as soon as possible.
I hope the answer would be useful for you.