Suffering from cold and cough. Which medicine should I take?

i am suffering from cuff and cold past 4 days, i went out of bangalore for 10 days and i drunk water on different-2 place. Still i am not using any medicine. so could suggest me any medicine or sirf
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 1 hour later
Hello, thank you for your query.
I understand you have had cough and a "cold" for the past 4 days. It seems like you have a common viral cold infection, for which there is no specific therapy, just treat the symptoms. If your symptoms are severe and include: high grade fevers or shortness of breath, then you should go to an emergency or doctor to make sure you are ok, and get tested for the influenza virus.
For your cough I recommend Dextromethorphan with guaifenesin (in the United States called Robitussin DM).
If you have runny nose, then use normal saline sprays into each nostril many times a day. You can also use Oxymetazoline nasal spray, however this should be used for maximum 3 days.
Hope that helps, and hope you get better!
Take care,