Suffering from cold. Done with Complete blood count test. Suggest the medication to control eosinophilis count?

Hello Doctor,

I've really struggling with the cold for past 10 days or so. Today I did blood test (CBP) and report suggests my eosinophilis count is 11 which is significantly more than normal range.
Are there any medicines to control this ? Please advise.
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Eosinophilia can be caused by the following:
- parasitic infection
- fungal infection
- allergy
- asthma, etc

Since you were having a cold for 10 days and then took the tests, it is possible that the eosinophil may have been raised because of it. There can be two reasons: one is allergy and second is cold itself, which transiently raises the normal fungi levels in the throat

The treatment consists of treating the cause. I will advise you to wait for a few days until the cold is over and re-take the test later to confirm.

Dr Vaishalee