Suffering from chronic prostatitis. Taking doxycycline and cadura alpha blockers. Have viapro capsules. Safe?

Jul 2016

My husband is suffering from an acute phase of his long term chronic prostatitis. He is extremely distressed and very demoralised. I am very concerned about his mental state just now. He is taking doxycycline and has just started cadura alpha blockers yesterday. I have some viapro capsules and he would like to know if it is safe to take them with the cardura? Not necessarily for sex but to achieve an erection which would ease his state of mind enormously as he hasn't had an erection for a month. Any advice gratefully received. He is otherwise in very good health, fit and active. Aged 42.
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 58 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your husband is known to have Chronic Prostatitis since last 18 years and has acute episode very recently.
He is taking Doxycycline and alpha blockers for the same
It is obvious that he will have erectile dysfunction due to chronic prostatitis
As regards your query about taking Capsule Viapro along with alpha blockers I would state that Viapro is a crude extract of many herbal medicines and will not have any side effect even with taking in addition to the alpha blockers(Cadura). keeping in mind that he may have painful ejaculation.due to acute prostatitis..

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from chronic prostatitis. Taking doxycycline and cadura alpha blockers. Have viapro capsules. Safe? 2 days later

Thank you for your reply. Do you know of any treatment which may be available for Chronic/Acute prostatitis other than the ones my husband has already tried (Cipro/Doxy/Cadura etc)? Also are there any known common triggers which may have been the cause of this acute episode? And how long is an acute phase likely to last?
Thank you
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 55 minutes later
Thanks for follow up.
It is very difficult to say how long this acute episode will long for.

Taking antibiotic will cut short the period of episode.
The common trigger which I advise my patients of chronic Prostatitis is prostatic massage done by the patient himself or by any family member by putting a well lubricated finger in the rectum and doing massage gently for few minutes. This helps in fast recovery.
Thanks and Regards.