Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffering from chronic preineal pain syndrome. Not cured by doxycline and tryptomer thereupon. What to do?

General Surgeon
i have been suffering from chronic Preineal Pain syndrome from last 1 year & my urologist advise me for Doxycline, rolitan 2 mg & tryptomer thereupon i am not okay feeling inflammation in urine often whenever i try to sleep Plz tell me what should i do ????
Posted Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 15 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Perineal pain can be caused by many disease not only urinary tract infections.
Do you suffer from frequent urinating, burning when urinating? Does your pain radiates to the back or groin? Does your pain aggravate when passing stool?Is there any blood or mucus in the stool? Any constipations history?
Such pain can be caused by urinary tract infections, urinary tract stones, anal fissure, hemorrhoids, inguinal hernia, anal fissure, pilonidal cyst, prostate inflammation, testicles inflammation.
Do you have any lump in the inguinal area, or between the anus and the scrotum?
Can you pleas attach all performed tests results?

I`m looking forward to hearing from you.
Follow-up: Suffering from chronic preineal pain syndrome. Not cured by doxycline and tryptomer thereupon. What to do? 8 minutes later
i don't know exactly whenever i go for urine after a short while the inflammation starts yes i suffer from frequent urinating but when i gone through the USG screening there was no stone found in whole abdominal. i feel pain in lower back also sometimes & as told i am taking Doxycline, urimax, Rolitan, tryptomer from last 2 weeks as advised by a urologist but result is zero i am still as before as i told i am not able to survive Plz help !!!! or tell we what shoul i do is this a mental disorder or something else whether i am evading alcohol & spicy food.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 hours later

Thank you for the query.

The main problem with urinary tract stones is that it is very hard to visualize stones with abdominal ultrasound. Such stones are very often invisible for this test, especially if located somewhere in the ureter. Your symptoms are very characteristic for urinary tract disease. The medicines you have been prescribed are for sure not good in urinary tract infections treatment. This medicines are more for treatment mental illness.
I would be available to tell you more about it if you attach urine analysis.
It is advisable for you to be prescribed with:
Ciprofloxacine 500 mg 2x1 (Xipro in India)
Pipemidic Acid 400mg 2x1 (Nupra in India)
Cranberry tablets
It is also advisable to drink about 3-4 liters of mineral water and increase physical activity like stairs walking (so the stones can move down). Your pains should be treated with smooth muscles relaxing medicines (Buscolisinum, Metamizolum,) - should be prescribed by your doctor.

Hope this will help.