Suffering from chronic hives. Recent tests suggest Hashmitoos thyroiditis. Check the reports and advise

Question
Hello doctor,

We had the discussion before regarding my hives and thyroid.

As you know I'm suffering from chronic hives. You told me before my thyroid is perfectly ok.

So just go through my recent reports and interpret and tell me whether I really had Hashmitoos thyroiditis .

Also to note my XXXXXXX and SED rate results are negative.

Please tell me are there any particular reasons to have Anti thyroidimmunoglobins high sometimes.

If i really had Hashmitoos please tell me what to do next.

with regards,
XXXXXX
Asked by Me , 4 days ago     
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 42 hours later
Antithyroglobulin is not specific for Hashimoto s thyroiditis. Morover titers are only slightly above normal. We consider titers upto 2 times the upper limit of normal as non-significant. Many normal individuals have titers similar yo what you have. You still dont have hashimotos thyroiditis based on these reports. You can check for TPO antibody levels which are specific for hashimotos when found in high titers. Even if hashimotos thyroiditis is proved either by high anto TPO antibody levels or FNAC no trwatment is recommended as long as thyroid function tests are normal.
Shivaprasad

Follow-up: Suffering from chronic hives. Recent tests suggest Hashmitoos thyroiditis. Check the reports and advise 3 hours later
Sir are there any chances that I had any other autoimmune disease other than hashmitoo ...
Since my XXXXXXX is negative and SED rate is also normal, can you tell me what are my chances of getting these.....

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 3 hours later
As per your reports you dont seem to have any autoimmune disorder nor can I foresee you developing in near future. You dont have prediliction for any autoimmune disease as of now. So dont worry.chances are very low of getting one.

Follow-up: Suffering from chronic hives. Recent tests suggest Hashmitoos thyroiditis. Check the reports and advise 1 hour later
You are awesome and very straight forward....
Thank you for everything...
Anyhow I'm coming to bangalore just for my medical trip..
I want to XXXXXXX you sir,provide your details and your appointment hours...
Also try to help me solving my mysterious health condition.

With regards,
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 4 minutes later
You can XXXXXXX me at Mallya Hospital b/w 4 30 pm to 6.30 pm. For appointment call 080 0000 extension 1580.
Best of luck
Shivaprasad