Suffering from chronic cough, pain in the chest in the morning

i am suffering from chronic cough since last 4 months also i feel pain in chest in morning
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 5 hours later

Any cough which is for duration more than 3 weeks needs evaluation and tuberculosis should be ruled out. It can also be due to lung causes like COPD, lung abscess, emphysema, pneumonia or tuberculosis.

It will be very helpful for me in understanding your condition better if you could answer some of these questions:

1)     Is the cough worse at night?

2)     What other symptoms do you have?

3)     Do you have any recent weight loss of prolonged fever?

4)     Is there a history of smoking?

I will suggest getting a microscopic examination of the sputum done. It is also better to rule out get a chest X-ray or CT chest and a physician examination done to rule out any lung cause like any infection, inflammation or any benign or malignant growth of the lung.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.