Suffering from chronic constipation and chronic IBS. Taking treatment. what are the side effects from Far-Infra red rays?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2014
May 2014

Radiologist
Question
I want to know sideefefes of Far-Infrared rays. I am suffering from chronic constipation and chronic IBS . I am taking treatment of bed from choyangindia and they claim they can solve to problem. Are there any sideeffecs of the FIR rays
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No significant harmful effect due to FIR rays

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for writing in to us.

Research has been done on far infra red rays in the application of medicine. Depending on the subject's sensitivity to far-infrared rays, the skin temperature elevation varies from 0.6 to 1.5 degree centigrade. It is suggested that far-infrared rays play a key role in the skin temperature elevation. This temperature elevation causes increase in skin blood circulation.

As such there in no significant harmful effect due to far infra red rays documented and this is to the best of my knowledge.

Hope your query is answered.
Should there be any further doubts please feel free too ask.

Dr. Vivek

Follow-up: Suffering from chronic constipation and chronic IBS. Taking treatment. what are the side effects from Far-Infra red rays? 35 minutes later
i am doing it for contipation so hope there is no effect on my menustral cycles because I took this last month for 5 days and the amount of bleeding in monthly cycles is very less this time . My father also died 3 weeks back so what could be the reason the interal shock of my fathers death or FIR that could lead to disturbance in my mothly cycles

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
More likely due to emotional stress

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,

Thanks for writing in with an update.

I am sorry to hear about your father passing away 3 weeks back.

Your query is very important. What you explain as decreased flow and/ or duration of your periods is termed as oligomenorrhoea. I would like to know from when you are taking far infra red treatment (if it was only for 5 days) and since how many cycles you are having less bleeding during periods.

The following situations need to be considered in you.

There is a possibility that you are under emotional stress and grief at the moment. This would be the first consideration for you symptoms. Please try and occupy your mind in other activities and keep yourself busy.

The second point to be noted is any anemia or medical disorders such as hyperthyroid state. These problems can also cause decreased flow.

Third situation can be any hormonal imbalance due to gynecological reasons like taking birth control pills and cysts in ovary.

It is unlikely that far infrared radiation might have caused decreased periods.

Please write back if you have doubts

Dr. Vivek