Suffering from cholangiocarcinoma. Any effective treatment available?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
my father has obstructive jaundice due to cholangio carcinoma and he has replaced his both side valve 4 year ago now doctors says he has cholangiocarcinoma and it's not in condition for operation and i asked my many cancer patent they told me they have no enough improvement after operation. I also asked second opinion by another liver specialist but answer come out the same. please give batter opinion and i found two ayourvada center D. S. research center and lavenya research center in bengloor
Posted Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 14 hours later

Thanks for writing in

I have gone through the summary provided

Considering the comorbid conditions your father is suffering from, It is better he goes for conservative therapy only

Complete surgical resection is the only therapy to afford a chance of cure. Unfortunately, only 10% of patients present with early stage disease and are considered for curative resection.

Palliative stenting is used to relieve obstructive jaundice

It is better if you follow the treating doctors advice

Hope this helps
Wishing your father a healthy life ahead
Follow-up: Suffering from cholangiocarcinoma. Any effective treatment available? 1 hour later
doctors put stent by ERCP in ahmdabad sal hospital now he is suffering from illness which coming once in a day. every day some time it is 98 degree and 102 degree and when we give medic-ens then fiver end fore time being and it's come again
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

I have gone through the summary, I am from Ahmedabad itself

I would suggest you get a complete blood count and a liver function test done and get back to me

Hope this helps
Wishing your father a speedy recovery